Thursday, July 13, 2017

Silence

Since working at MATC I spend a lot of time being quiet. Sitting in the silence. I am a testing proctor so it's always pretty quiet. But there's something I've come to understand about silence.

I love it.

To me, the world is just filled with so much noise. 

People trying to be something they aren't. Trying to fill the silence with lies, or hurtful words. 

I've found myself hating other people so much of the time, I hate that they make me feel so awful about myself. I hate that I feel horrible about myself. 

But I've found that the silence brings me comfort. 


People get so freaked out by the silence, but to me, the silence gives me space to think.

It gives me time to know what's in my own heart and mind and not what everyone else is trying to put there. 

It gives me the ability to reevaluate myself and my priorities. 



I've found out a lot about myself in the silence. I can feel the spirit more, I can understand myself on a deeper level.

I encourage you just to try it, maybe at first it may seem weird to you, but just allow yourself time to sit and think. No noise, no TV going, no music. Enjoy the sound of your own mind, and you'll be amazed at what you find! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...