Saturday, May 13, 2017

Mom... Thank you...

Mothers day is all about mom's. And I can't let this day go by without acknowledging my own mother!



I found this book at deseret book and I loved all the questions it had to answer about your mom. I wanted to get it, but I didn't want just another thing that sat and collected dust. So instead I wanted to fill out the questions here!

When I close my eyes and picture a typical day at home when I was a child you are....

Well, mostly I was at school, and you were at work. But I don't ever feel like I was shafted because you had to work. I do remember dad taking us to visit you at work. I remember feeling so proud that you were this amazing awesome nurse that everyone loved. I loved coming to visit you. We kids always begged dad to let us go with him to visit you at work. We always wanted to get you something, like a drink or candy or something to show you we missed you! Sometimes though, dad wanted to go without us. And we never thought that was fair.

Sounds and smells I associate with you from my childhood is....

I only included this one because I  still smell this now. Its the smell of the hospital and the place you work. But I don't know, it brings comfort to me in a weird way? Hospitals usually freak people out, but to me the smell of the hospital reminds me of you, so in a way it kind of brings me comfort. It's weird.

I love this funny family story about the time you....

So... as I was telling you, I don't really have any. Because you're the smart one in the family and stand idly by while the rest of us do stupid things. I have been racking my brain for days trying to think of something, but there isn't anything. And in your words "someone has to be the smart one" However for fathers day... I'll be having lots of stories!


I used to love it when you...

Ha, this one is silly, but take care of me when I was sick. As a mom now, no one cares when I'm sick. In fact it's the worst. I get children still screaming and demanding I pay attention to them when all I want to do is curl up on your couch with my pillow and blanket and turn on Sound of Music and have you take care of me. And since I've been sick for the last 6 weeks now. I'm totally over being sick and being a mom!

You were a hero to  me when....

You were always a hero to me. So there is so many times.... I loved when you would stick up for me. That's always a given but when you would fight for your children. And then when you were working full time, going to school full time and would still do everything in your power to spend those few precious moments with us. You brought us with you when you needed to do homework, or go to a play for school. You lost sleep at night or sacrificed getting a better grade to come see a soccer game or a dance or choir performance. Those moments when you didn't think your children were watching, we were.

Something you have instilled in me I hope to instill into my children....

The importance of education and never giving up on your dream. I know you are in your 40's and still working on getting your bachelors degree. I know it may seem tedious and awful that your daughter is working on her bachelors at the same time. But I watched you from a child working part time and going to school, then realizing you wanted to go back and the sacrifice you would have to make and realizing how beneficial it would be in the future. And then choosing to go back yet again, working full time, both times. But the thing we noticed is that you NEVER gave up. You kept going. So now, when I want to give up on going to school that I think its next to impossible to do it, I watch you and see it is possible. and that I can do it!

One of the best parenting tips you gave me was...

My children are going to love me because I'm their mom. I don't know how many times I cried to you worried about being replaced, or feeling like my children are going to hate me because I had to work or go to school and that I spent a lot of time trying to do both. You showed me that I will always be their mom and that isn't something that can be taken away. I needed to hear that many times and you always told me I'm their mom, and always will be and that will never change.





Happy Mothers day mom! I hope that it's amazing and I just want you to know you are the best mom in the whole world (well aside from me ;) no just kidding) you really are the best mom ever!
Thanks for being the best example of what a mother should be. You give me hope that maybe I'll be half the mom you are! I love you mom! Thanks for being you! And if I don't say it enough, thanks for everything you do, and did for me. It never went unnoticed. Not now, and not then.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...