Monday, April 4, 2016

The power of revelation

You guys this weekend was General Conference and I was simply amazed by the messages that were shared! So many sweet amazing talks. Seriously, amazing!!

About a week before general conference I decided to pursue my own personal revelation. Some things in my life have been really difficult and I wanted to change, I wanted to be different, so I turned to my Heavenly Father to ask for help, to help put things in perspective. In that 30 minutes of my own searching, and praying I learned more than I have in a long long time.

Personal revelation is, well, personal. But what was amazing, is that every talk at conference I felt reiterated what I had found for myself! Which was simply amazing!

"The great thing about the gospel is we get credit for trying, even if we don't always succeed" - Elder Holland

That's something that I found on my own, that if we strive for goodness, or righteousness, even if we fail, we will be good, we will be righteous! So I thought, wow!

"To be worthy does not mean to be perfect!" -Gong

"There is no life so shattered that it cannot be restored"- Elder Uchtdorf

"The irony of being parents is that we tend to get really good at it after our children are grown" -Elder Ballard

"One key to forgiving others is to see them as God sees them" -Duncan

Such amazing talks!! I'm trying so hard to apply all the things I learned from conference, and my own studies. I took Madeline to the temple today because she loves them so much, and I want her to know how important temple's are, and how important Jesus and Heavenly Father are, and how much they love her. I tell her that Jesus loves her everyday. Because to me, that is the most important thing I can teach Madeline, is that Heavenly Father and Christ love us.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...