Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My so called "perfect life"

Do you ever just look at social media and see these people, who are simply gorgeous and just have a million and half followers just because they make their lives look perfect?

Does it frustrate you like it frustrates me that they have these picture perfect moments, they never have a hair out of place, and their home looks something out of a magazine?

It definitely frustrates me. I see these other women who are so happy with their marriages, with their life and have these perfect looking lives and it frustrates me to no end.

I vowed to myself I would never be one of those people. I want people not to look at me and say "why does she get the perfect life?" Because I don't, and I don't want for one moment people to think that I do. Because I believe every moment, even the toughest moments are important and perfect for my story and my life.


My toddler makes me want to pull my hair out on some days, she's cranky, and she has tough days. But she is also so sweet, and wonderful and such a funny personality. I absolutely love her.


Zack and I have been working so hard on our marriage for the last 7 months. There has been things that have happened in our marriage and we needed the privacy without the world watching us, to fix it. And I'm grateful that I'm not in the eye of the whole world. And I'm amazed at how far we have come in such a short time.


I've been working on myself. I've changed, I'm not the same person I was a year ago, or 2 years ago, or even 5 years ago. I'm constantly changing and reforming myself. I may not be the best in shape girl anymore, I may not have the perfect hair, or have my make up perfect. But I feel great, my life is going up, and I'm so happy I'm not in the same place I was even 6 months ago!


Nobody has the perfect life. No matter how many "perfect" pictures they take, with the perfect filters to show they have a perfect life, they really don't. So don't let that fool you! Everyone has hard days, everyone struggles.

Embrace the glorious mess you are! Work hard to be YOU. And love every moment of it! Even the sucky moments, even the crappy days, even the hard days, even the perfect days. Embrace it all and except it all! It's what makes you, YOU. Stop trying to be someone else, because there is only one YOU. And the world needs that you.

1 comment:

  1. :D this made me happy. Thank you for sharing! I think we all get wrapped up in the vicious cycle of comparing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...