Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A lesson we all need

So, last night I had a great time in my literature by women class. Usually that class just makes me want to pull my hair out and I hate it. But yesterday we talked about something that I needed to desperately hear. And something I wanted to share with all of you.

We were talking about the moon. Imagine the moon and the different cycles it goes through. We love the full moon because this is when we can see the moon the best. It's at it's brightest, fullest potential.  But the moon cannot stay in the full moon capacity 365 days a year, it has to cycle.

We as human beings believe that we need to operate at a full moon capacity 365 days a year 24/7. We need to be at our happiest, our best, all the time. I hear it all the time. "You need to focus on the happy, the good, you need to only talk about whats good in your life, stop dwelling on the negative."

But you know what, we each have times of darkness in our life. Just like the new moon when we cannot see it, and it's dark. Each of us have those. And it's when we are at our darkest that we become better people, we are able to learn more, create more, to see more.

If we are always happy, always at our best, then we can never grow. Just like a caterpillar, it has to go into a cocoon and live in darkness before it becomes into something even more beautiful and more grand! 

 via

While most people don't care about the hardships that you are going through, it's okay. I'm telling you now, that it's okay to have dark days, hard days, days where you feel like you are broken. We ALL HAVE THOSE DAYS. Even if someone's social media doesn't show it. We all have times we feel broken and lost. We all have times where we think things aren't going to get better. That were stuck in these hard times.

I love the song by Lifehouse called Broken. If you haven't heard it, click on this link here and you can listen to it. It's my favorite song right now.

Here are the lyrics to the chorus.

I'm falling apart
I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart
That's still beating

In the pain
There is healing
In your name
I find meaning

So I'm holding on
I'm holding on
I'm holding on
I'm barely holding on to you

 via

  In the pain there is healing. Not in the happiness, not in the best of times, but in the PAIN. 

That's something we need to remember. Its not when we are pretending to be happy for the rest of the world to see that we find healing for our pain. It's not when we are at our "best" that we have hard times. Everyone gets pushed, kicked, hit, and hurt. And we need to be okay with accepting that not everyone is always happy. We should help each other through those hard times. 

Lets stop acting like if someone is going through something hard and decides to open up about it, they are looking for attention. Lets stop acting like we don't all suffer, like we don't all have trials. Lets stop pretending life is perfect every single day of our lives. It's okay to show a little hurt, its okay to show pain. We need to be there for people, and say you know it's okay to be upset, or to not have everything okay. Instead of saying "focus on the positive"

I love how my teacher said we need to be accepting of everyone's pain. We shouldn't make people feel ashamed for feeling weak, and feeling sad or hurt, for having problems. 

So that's my lesson for all of you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I love this post! I think we definitely need to be more compassionate about other's feelings. Love this <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...