Monday, February 1, 2016

Sickness + Pregnancy

So... I've been pretty quiet on my social media accounts about my health recently. But it's really freaking sucked. I'm trying to be more positive and uplifting. But seriously I can't right now. I spent the day in the hospital yesterday for what we thought was preterm labor. Yup. PRETERM LABOR. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I was FREAKING out yesterday praying and praying that little miss Hailey would just stay put for at least another 10 weeks.


It was pretty scary. And as I was laying there, I realized, I really don't enjoy not having underwear on. I felt extremely vulnerable. I laid there for two hours with monitors on and learned something. Hailey hates hates hates the monitors. She kicked at them, and would disappear so they would have to come in and move the monitors to the other side, then she would kick them again, and then move to the other side. My child, so stubborn.

But about a week ago, I suspected that I had a kidney infection. So I went into the doctors office, and they said I have some sort of infection and gave me antibiotics. Well the doctors office calls two days later "You don't have a UTI so you can stop taking them." And I sat there thinking, "I never said it was a UTI, I said it was a kidney infection, but whatever" so I stopped taking them.

Fast forward to yesterday and thinking I'm in preterm labor. Apparently it's just a sign that the infection isn't gone. So I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what exactly it is. But today I'm in so much pain I want to cry.

Moral of the story, don't get a kidney infection, don't get pregnant and get a kidney infection, don't go to school in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...