Thursday, September 10, 2015

My dad, my hero

My dad is one of the biggest hero's in my life. I never knew how much he put on the line everyday when going to work. I was always so proud and felt like I had the coolest dad because he worked at the Utah State Prison.


He works with murderers, child molesters, human traffickers, rapists, con artists, and so many more. People that we tend to run away from. Instead he goes every single day and puts his life on the line to help keep us safe.


I know law enforcement is getting a bad rap right now, and everyone is targeting them. But I want you to take 5 minutes and just listen.

Those men and women you are targeting, are parents, siblings, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, husbands, wives, children, grandparents, and friends. They are our loved ones.

We pray everyday for there safe return, and hold our breaths everyday in hopes that today some idiot on the street isn't going to take them away from us.


There is corruption everywhere we go. But that doesn't mean that every single person we come in contact with is corrupt. My dad does his job to protect us. To make a difference in this world.

Believe it or not, the inmates he works with, RESPECT HIM. Sure, a lot of inmates hate the officers. But it's called respect. You give respect, and in return you get respect back.


My dad is such a big part of our lives. My daughter absolutely adores him. I'd be lost without my dad. He gives me advice, helps work on my car, my house, or anything else that breaks. He makes me laugh, gives me comfort when I am sad. He can light up a room. He can talk to just about anybody.


You make think that life is unjust or unfair, and think that you are making a statement by killing law enforcement. But the family of those law enforcement watch in horror as their lives don't make a single difference to you.


ALL LIVES MATTER. If you want to stand for something, stand for lives. Fighting violence with violence doesn't solve anything. We aren't animals. We are humans. And each of us matters. Each of us has a story to tell.



The next time you think about shooting at police or starting violence. Remember. How would you feel if that was your loved ones? How would you feel if that was your dad they were taken aim at, just because he puts on a badge and goes to work to protect us everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...