Thursday, March 19, 2015

Marriage

In my whole 2 1/2 years of marriage (has it really only been 2 1/2 years?!) I've learned quite a lot about what marriage is like. 

I was looking at some wedding photos of a coworkers and they just looked so happy! And I sat there and thought... was I that happy on my wedding day? Was I as in love or look as in love on my wedding day?








And I can see the happiness in our faces. I mean who wouldn't be that glowingly happy on their wedding day. We were like giddy school kids. I remember us sitting in the celestial room waiting our turn. And we kept giggling and thinking to ourselves that this will be the last few moments together that we won't be together for eternity. We were soaking it in. And when we were heading to the luncheon we couldn't honestly believe that we were finally married. Two kids who fell in love in high school now married forever. Life seemed too good to be true.


Marriage was hard though. We had to learn how to coexist together. I mean... we spent every waking moment we could together. But actual financial decisions were hard. But we were so happy and still so in love! I just can't believe how happy we are. Our marriage hasn't been all rainbows and butterflies all the time. But looking back. We are truly and honestly happy!




















Marriage is amazing. And good! When I was 14 years old I swore I was never getting married and never having kids. I didn't want to. But if I could go back and tell myself that it will bring so much joy and it'll make you a better person. I cannot imagine my life without Zack by my side. He makes me better. He's who I want to talk to at the end of the day. Tell all my secrets too. Who's seen me at my worst and still loves me. Who see's all my imperfections and tells me I'm perfect anyways. Who supports me and loves me in everything I do. Marriage is GOOD. Marriage is amazing!

Find someone who makes you better. Not someone you can see yourself with. But someone you can't see yourself without. Find someone who makes you laugh, wipes your tears, who builds you up, who makes you giddy, who makes you love life. Because marriage is good. Marriage is the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...