Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Happiness

For a long time I never thought I would be happy again. I was just going through the motions of life and "faking it til I make it" which got really old really fast.

It's funny when people tell you to fake it til you make it. Sometimes, they just don't understand just how HARD it is to do anything. Let alone to pretend your happy when your not.

I used to look at pictures of myself and absolutely hate them. Because I can see how unhappy I look in the pictures. With my unhappy smile just "faking it til I make it" I would look at them in disgust because I knew I wasn't happy. I felt like I wasn't fooling anyone. 




This was me faking it til I made it. But I look at this pictures and all I can see is all the sadness in my eyes.

I finally did something about it. It took awhile for me to realize that I was in control of my happiness. And I did something about it. I went and talked to my doctor and got on some medication. 

But it didn't fix everything. I still had negative thoughts and wasn't completely happy. It wasn't until I decided to make a conscious effort to make a change be HAPPY that I finally started to BE HAPPY! 




I started to notice that I am happy! I feel happy. I am happy about my life! 

It's so much easier to be negative. To dwell on the negative in your life. To look at everything that has gone wrong or not your way and be unhappy. 

I finally decided that I want to be positive. I was tired of not being happy. I was tired of being sad. 



I love this quote and I'm going to put it in my house! You have to keep going, you have to learn to rely on Heavenly Father when you can't rely on yourself or anyone else. You have to get through some of the worst days to get to some of the best days of your life.

I feel a little cliche but, honestly, I am a walking testimony of this. Life isn't easy. It's going to be hard. Life isn't suppose to be easy full of butterflies and rainbows. But you can choose to walk in the light, or be stuck in the dark. 



Choose to be happy! :)

If you would like a print out of the quote please email me or leave me a comment and I'll send it to your email! 

1 comment:

  1. I'd love a print out of that quote! I've been feeling a lot of what you're saying as well, and can definitely see a difference in your whole face in those pictures. You're looking great! Call me on any good or bad day, I'd love to talk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...