Monday, November 17, 2014

Being thankful

I am a total scrooge when it comes to Thanksgiving. I just don't like the Holiday. I really honestly think you should be thankful for what you have all year instead of just one day a year. But today I just want to express how thankful I am feeling for everything in my life.

 I am so thankful for my wonderful little family!

God has truly blessed me with a wonderful little girl that I needed in this exact time in my life. She is the light in my very dark days. She truly has blessed me. And I'm thankful for a wonderful patient husband who never gives up on me.


I am thankful for my family!

I was blessed with amazing parents who are my best friends. And brothers and neices and a sister in law who I would not trade in the whole world. My family is so unique and fun. They honestly put up with me and all my craziness and I'm thankful for each different relationship I have with each of them!


I am thankful for little reminders and kind words.

My aunt Randi specifically for putting up lots of quotes on my facebook wall and for all the kind things she's done for me lately. And she always seems to do it on the days where I feel awful. And I'm grateful for everybody else out there who went out of there to make me feel wanted and love. It seriously has helped me so much!


I'm thankful for modern medicine.

About a week ago I was diagnosed with depression and high anxiety. And have been on anti depressants since. I am thankful that we have modern medicine to help regulate the craziness going on in my head and doctors who know what they are doing! 

I am thankful for our Savior and Heavenly Father.

This year has been one of the hardest I have ever faced. But I have not felt this close to my Heavenly Father in a long time. I am grateful He knows me and sends people my way to help me realize how loved and needed I am in this world. He truly has helped lighten my burdens.

I am thankful for the trials I have been given.

This one surprised me. ;) But seriously though everything we go through in this life happens for a reason. We were put here to be tested and tried. And it always baffles me when people choose to keep what's going on in their lives a secret. I want to help lighten people's burdens with my experiences. If I keep my struggles quiet how I am to help those who are struggling? I have struggled so much this year, and I decided to suffer in silence, and alone. 10 months later I decided to speak up and ask for help. And I wish I would've spoke sooner and realized that there are people out there wanting to help me and support me. And now I feel I can help people when they are on this journey as well. As hard as this journey has been for me, I am grateful for the insight it has provided me. 


I am thankful to each and everyone of you!

Yes, you reading this right now. I have been such a downer lately because of what's been going on. But you all have stuck with me. Your kind words filling up my inbox and my phone have honestly been one of the biggest helps. So thank you! Thank you for not giving up on me! 

I hope that each of us remembers how far we have come and be thankful for what we have in this life. That we reach out and help those struggling. You never know how far a kind word or comment can go! Be thankful, not just this week or the next, but all year. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hanging out with me this weekend! I always love spending time with you! Despite your struggles and hard times, you always brighten my day when we hang out. So I'm thankful for you. Today and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are doing better Courtney! Here's to being thankful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...