Friday, July 25, 2014

Love yourself!

I have been wanting to write this blog post for awhile but couldn't find the courage to do so. 

But today I read an article in the news that made me hurt inside. You can read the article here.

I was completely speechless when I read it. Apparently these people thought it was okay to take people who are overweight and put them on a facebook page where other people could go and make fun of them.... 

Horror washed through me when I saw that. What if some teenage girl saw herself on that site?! What if these bullies made her feel like she was nothing and that beauty is only what is on the outside?! Then I started questioning  myself. If someone put me on a website like that would I be able to love myself enough to know that what their opinion was didn't matter? 

We should love ourselves enough that the rest of the worlds opinions about us don't matter. 

Here are some things that I have to keep reminding myself when the world tries make me feel like I'm nothing


I am not a model and I'm not the prettiest woman out there. But I still think I'm beautiful. Beauty isn't just what's on the outside, it's also what's on the inside. If your beautiful on the inside then your beauty will shine through you and people will see that!


I'm not the best wife out there. I don't have dinner made every single night ready on the table for my husband when he gets home, I don't have the house clean always. Sometimes when Zack gets home he'll find a naked baby and a wife sitting on the couch in her pj's hair a mess and completely exhausted with nothing to show for it. But that doesn't mean I'm a failure. It means I can go to sleep wake up and try again tomorrow. 


I'm not a fitness guru. I don't wake up at the butt crack of dawn to work out. I don't like working out actually. I get no pleasure by working out. I work out when I feel like I can/want to. Some days I'll honestly try to work out and only able to do 15 minutes because my baby is screaming for attention. And that doesn't make me a horrible person. Sure I don't have the best looking body anymore. And that's okay! As long as I feel good about myself it doesn't matter what the world thinks of it.


I'm not always doing something fun and creative every waking moment. Some weekends (like last weekend) we sit on our butts doing laundry and just playing around the house. And that's okay! Just because were not doing something every weekend doesn't mean I'm a bad mom! It means sometimes we need some downtime and some time just to relax


Everybody wants to be a photographer now days therefore you can't be one. You'll never be good enough. And maybe that's true. But I love love love taking pictures. It's always been a big passion of mine. And maybe one day I'll take more picture than just of my family ;)


Your not creative enough. Well I beg to differ on that one! ha! But no I can't sew. I really really suck at sewing. And cooking. But I'm creative other ways. I compose my own piano pieces. I'm not a professional by any means. But it doesn't mean I can't bring tears to people's eyes when I do. I'm a good writer. I love writing short stories. When I was like 12 my dad found some of my short stories I wrote and asked me if I copied it from somewhere. Nope. I didn't. I'll probably never publish anything, but Zack really enjoys reading them! And maybe one day I'll unleash my full fury of writing on all you unsuspecting people ;) haha.


You'll never be a good enough mom. Nope. My daughter deserves the best mom out there! and I won't be the "best" But Heavenly Father chose me to be her mom. Therefore, I'm the best mom for my daughter. And some days I'll feel inadequate. But if I can make my daughter happy and keep her smiling then I think I'm a successful mom. Even though I don't make my own baby food. ;)


And my favorite. You aren't good enough if you don't follow today's trends. I absolutely hate clothing now days. Everything is so SHORT! Short shirts, short skirts and shorts. Low cut shirts. Why does everything have to be showing? So no. I don't follow today's trends. I make my own trends!

Loving yourself is a hard thing to do especially when the rest of world tries to tell you you aren't good enough. I struggle with this one so much! I never think I'm good enough and I'll never measure up to the other wives and mothers who seem to have it together. But you know what? That's alright. I love myself and I love that I'm different. I may not have it all together but each day I get a little closer! 

What do you love about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...