Monday, June 30, 2014

Our weekend! and of course an ER visit!

So lets start with Thursday shall we? Thursday night Madeline started throwing up around 10 o'clock. I was sound asleep and Zack was taking care of her. At about 1 in the morning I heard Madeline make a sound but it sounded like she was choking. I jumped up immediately and flipped her over just as she started heaving and then throwing up. At that point I gathered all my bed stuff and went on the couch to turn on the TV because I knew I wasn't going to be sleeping that night. And Zack came on the couch with me. Every 30 minutes or so Madeline would start heaving and I would run the bathroom so she could throw up. I tried giving her some water because I was worried she would get dehydrated but she threw that up as well. 

At about 4 in the morning she started throwing up bile. And I read in so many books that once baby's start throwing up bile you need to head to the ER. Well I didn't want to go to the ER if we didn't need to. Since my mom was at work (she works graveyards at the hospital) I went to go see her. The thing is Madeline was still smiling and happy when she wasn't puking. So my mom was really confused. Then Madeline threw up while we were visiting and she said head down to the ER. So we did. 

They gave her some nausea medication and once it kicked in her appitite came back. They did this test where we would give her a little liquid and if she held that down for 10 minutes we could give her more. We did that for an hour and she would get mad every time I would pull the bottle out. So she was all better thank goodness but it still was super scary. 

at the ER at 5 in the morning.

Then on Saturday we had a wedding for my cousin. It was up in the mountains in Nephi. So that was fun. There was about 2 hours between the ceremony and dinner and I had fun taking a million selfies. Here they are for your viewing pleasure!

 Silly Brooklynn (my niece) 


My mom didn't want to take a selfie with me.  But I won!





 Love this cute girl!

And here are some other pictures from the wedding

 5 generation picture



They had these really cool stumps made into chairs. Soo cool! 

Right before the ceremony

And I didn't get a picture of the actual wedding part for 2 reasons. Madeline got hungry just as it started and 2 I spilled water all over myself and it looked like I peed myself so I was soo not standing up to take a picture. But congrats Steven and Terra!

On Sunday we went to church and then Zack got sick. So that was awesome. But we still had a good weekend despite all the sicknesses! I'm super excited though that this week is the 4th! My favorite holiday! And you can bet your bottoms we are stoked about it!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for the sickness! Watching your little one throw up is so heart breaking!! Looks like you had so much fun at the wedding!
    Xo,
    Kirstie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...