Tuesday, April 29, 2014

That's just who I am

As I was talking to Zack recently I've realized there is quite a few people who think they "know" me. But in reality they only know the girl they've made up in their head. And that's not me. So I thought that I would let you in on who I really am :)

I'm not a dainty girl. I've never been a dainty girl. I've always been the girl who just wanted to be one of the guys. I know how to have fun. Example:
When I was 4 we had a bunch of little kids in our neighborhoods. It was summertime and there were two pools. One for the boys, one for the girls. The girls pool was a "no splashing pools" and the boys were in there pool splashing. I took one look at the boys pool and saw how much fun they were having and decided to go play with them instead. 
One year for my brothers birthday he invited his friends over and they were playing tackle football. Let me say that again. These much much bigger boys who were in high school on the football team were playing tackle football. And I went and played with them. And yes. I got tackled. And yes it hurt sooo bad. But I sucked it up and dealt with it. So yeah... I can take a hit ;) I'm not dainty girl. 


I absolutely love children. In fact I'm a big advocate for children. I've been having a hard time picking a major because I want to help children. It's a big passion of mine. I used to say that I didn't want to be a stay at home mom or one of those girls that worked with children. But I can't deny what I'm good at ;) I've finally grown up and realized that this is something I want to do.



I LOVE MY FAMILY. I guess everyone loves there family but honestly if someone says something bad about my family, that person automatically goes on my bad side. They mean the world to me and they are my best friends. So just be careful. Example:
I know this was a long time ago but I wanted to just show what has happened since day 1. I was 4 years old and my brother Matt came home crying because he was getting bullied. Well that didn't sit well with me... So I went over to those boys and beat the crap out of them with a stick. You don't mess with family. Ever.


My parents taught me to be respectful. So even though you say crap about me and say snide comments about me and I don't say anything doesn't mean I'm taking your crap. It means I have more respect for you than you obviously have respect for me. But there also comes a point when I've taken too much crap and I'll let you have it if you keep it up. And some of you are approaching that point... Just so you know.


I hate hate hate PDA. I hate it. Really honestly. My wedding day was a hard day for me because I had to kiss Zack in front of a lot of people. In fact I think that we only got like 3 kissing pictures total on that day. And only 1 kissing picture from our engagement session. The one thing I was completely dreading was when you have seal the marriage vows things with a kiss. I was absolutely dreading since I was like 12. I don't mind holding hands or cuddling as long as it's not being all over someone. Don't get me wrong, I like to kiss Zack, but in my house where no one can see me. ;) I don't like the idea of people staring at you cause your making out or all over each other. Because to be honest. It makes people really uncomfortable. Okay well mainly me.


Modesty is a big part of my life. I try make sure I stay modest in all parts of my life. Whether its my clothing, swimming suit, my language, my style. I try to keep myself modest. I grew up with 3 brothers where it made them really uncomfortable if my pajama shorts were too short, or if I wore a tank top to bed. And they were always quick to tell me if I wore something they didn't approve of. Which I really appreciated. Because when I started dating I knew that boys were going to like me for me, and not because I wore revealing clothes. And I never got labeled as a "whore or a slut". Thank goodness.



There has been some things in my life that has left scars. I still suffer from them to this day. So if I do things a certain way and insist on certain things its because I've been burned before. You can't erase someone's past. It's there forever and it changes you. I like to think that my battle scars have changed me for the better. I also think you shouldn't judge someone based on what they have been through. Life is hard as it is. We don't need to make it harder by pointing out the things you don't like about someone. So my point being, I've been through some hard things in life don't judge me based on my trials. I've been given those trials because Heavenly Father knew I could handle it. And through the Atonement I can be made whole. I'm not whole yet but everyday I get a little closer.


I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know it, I love it, I live it. It's a part of every fiber of my being. Through my trials I've come to know my Savior. And I'm so blessed because of it. I know Heavenly Father is blessing me now for what I've been through. He has blessed me with amazing family, a very patient husband, and the most adorable little girl. I've been blessed with talents that I'm deeply grateful for. I've been blessed with an awesome calling serving in the Primary.


Well that's a little glimpse into who I am! Hopefully that clears some things up that people have been confused about ;) 

1 comment:

  1. You have the most darling little family!! And don't worry, you're not alone. PDA freaks me out too! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...