Friday, January 3, 2014

The waiting game

I feel like all we do in life is wait. Whether we are waiting for school to be over. Or that next big trip, or we are waiting to see a positive sign on that pregnancy test. Or you are waiting for your baby.
 
I've waited for babies before. My neices to get here, my cousins, my brothers, my friends babies. It's so exciting to see these babies and everyone wants to see what they look like. But no one tells you how agonizing it is being the one with the baby in your tummy.
 
For about a month now we have been told "she can come at any point now!" And guess what... she hasn't. In fact for 2 whole weeks we stayed exactly the same with absolutely no progress. Very very frustrating.
 
This week we went to our appointment and I got my membranes stripped. Another thing they don't really "describe to you" or warn you about. Oh sure they say you may have some discomfort or pain but no one tells you what it actually feels like. Or that maybe after they are done you shouldn't look at your doctor until after they take the glove off. GROSS!
 
Anyways, my due date is 4 days away, I feel like there is an end in sight. I'm starting to see all the signals now of labor is nearing so I'm hopeful at this point I'm not going to need to be induced. I really really don't want to be induced. So I would apprectiate any prayers or good vibes you can send this way to make sure we have a safe delivery almost natural delivery.
 
We meet with our doctor the day after the due date to discuss induction. So that's next Wednesday. I'm hopeful that in the next week she'll be here! But we'll have to see what the Lord has in store.
 
All I ask is for your prayers! We are very excited to be this close! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...