Wednesday, November 27, 2013

To be thankful

It's always kind of scary when you have a doctors appointment and you see legit concern on the doctors face.

We had our 34 week appointment this last Monday to make sure everything was fine. I hadn't met with an actual doctor for a while. For the last 2 appointments I met with nurse practitioners who were helpful but they aren't the ones that call the shots. 

So on Monday I met with a doctor for the first time in about a month or so. I really love this doctor. He's super nice, and very thorough, if he had his own practice I would seriously switch to him in a heart beat. He's awesome. But anyways, he has ordered some blood tests for next Monday to check my iron levels again. If they are still in the 20's then I'm going to have to have iron therapy over the course of the rest of my pregnancy since my body is just having too hard a time absorbing the iron. 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and you really start to think about all the things you are thankful for. But this week it's been hard for me to be thankful because we are so worried about me and the baby. 

But I just wanted to say that I am thankful that for the majority of my pregnancy I've been healthy with no complications. That I didn't get the dreaded morning sickness, that I've been right on track with my weight. That Heavenly Father has blessed me with a mom who is an amazing nurse to look after me. 

I'm thankful for a husband who could probably take on the world. He has been so great in supporting me and helping me in this pregnancy. I'm so thankful he loves me and our little girl so much. I can't wait to see those two together when she actually gets here.

I'm thankful for modern technology. I don't like saying this to anyone but to be honest, I'm scared. I'm literally scared. All this talk about "blood transfusions" "iron therapy" "heart condition" is really scaring me. I try to pretend it doesn't phase me, but really it scares me to no end. I'm scared that I might die on that delivery bed and there is nothing I can do about it. But I know that because we have modern technology its easier to catch things early on. That it's such a blessing to us to have all these life saving machines and doctors and nurses who are smart and know what they are doing.  And again my mother for being an awesome nurse who's (hopefully) going to be in that delivery room with us and watching out for us. 

I'm thankful for family. I love my family so much and I could not imagine life without them. They are my best friends and I'm so grateful that I get to spend all of eternity with them. :)

I love the song Count Your Many Blessings from the LDS hymn book. The lyrics go as follow:

 When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your blessings;
See what God hath done.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings;
See what God hath done.
 
So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.
 
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your blessings;
See what God hath done.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings;
See what God hath done.
 
So I'm going to remember to count my blessings instead of looking at all the things that could go wrong or how hard things are right now. I need to have faith in Heavenly Father to help me and I know the Lord will provide.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...