Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Our scare this weekend

This weekend we decided to do something fun. We decided to go up to Zack's family's cabin. 

We headed up late Saturday night when Zack got off work. The higher we got up there the sicker I felt. I kinda was feeling off. 

So once we actually got there all I did was sit on the couch because I felt so sick. 

The next morning was quite the event. I was sitting there at the bar watching Zack's mom make breakfast when my vision started going blurry. I thought it was weird but didn't think much of it. Then I started talking to everyone about it. And finally I got a bad feeling and had my mom call the cabin. I told her what was going on.

Preeclampsia. Ever heard of it? Well if not this is what it is: "it is most often characterized by a rapid rise in blood pressure that can lead to seizure, stroke, multiple organ failure and death of the mother and/or baby."- http://www.preeclampsia.org/

Yup. So we had to book it out of there to head to labor and delivery. First we made a stop by my parents house so my mom could check my vitals. We found a blood pressure cuff at the cabin (an electronic one) and my blood pressure was 151/106 and I have really low blood pressure because of my heart condition. So this was bad. When we got to my parents house turns out my mom's cuff broke. Fantastic. So she had to buy another one. So we waited until she came back. When she came back to test it my blood pressure was 120/60. Whew. 

So turns out that my body doesn't do so well in higher elevation being pregnant and all. So I won't be going back in the mountains until after Madeline is born. 

So instead our weekend got cut short because of this little scare and yesterday because my blood pressure went down so fast I felt kinda out of it. So we took it easy yesterday and I actually got to spend a day with Zack. It was wonderful :) 


I am so grateful for Zack. :) and so excited that in about 100 days or less we'll be seeing our baby! and I am so grateful Heavenly Father was watching over me and the baby to make sure we were okay and I didn't really have preeclampsia. 

Here's to 15 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...