Monday, July 15, 2013

I'm back! (with a few pointers)

Oh how I've missed being home!! This time last week I was on my cruise to the Bahamas. And let me tell you something... I can chalk that up to one of the WORST DAYS of my life... While I don't have pictures right at this moment to show you the good parts of the cruise. I just wanted to give some of you a few pointers before you decide to book your next vacation. 

1. If you are pregnant, do NOT go on a cruise. However, I booked this cruise before we found out we were having a baby. But if you are planning to go for a "babymoon" go somewhere else!! Maybe this little story will change your mind:

On Sunday last week we got on our cruise ship. We got there pretty earlier so we sat around the deck in the sun getting a tan and enjoying the nice warm weather until our luggage was delivered to our room. After it was we went swimming and drank delicious drinks. At 4 our ship was set to disembark and send us on our merry way to the Bahamas. 

We ran out to the deck to watch as we left and that's when the awfulness started. My head started to hurt and I started to get really dizzy. I love boating and spent a week on a house boat with no problem... but this was an entirely new experience for me. We went down to our room where I fell asleep. I woke up a little while later and have never been more sick in my life. I threw up 8 times. 8!! In the span of 3-4 hours. And I had to sleep on the bathroom floor. I haven't really been too sick this entire pregnancy but this boat made it so much worse.

2. If you don't like people offering you alcohol every 3 seconds then definitely don't go on a cruise.
I have never been offered alcohol before. Not ever. And while we were sitting on the deck on Sunday they had a million men walking around with alcohol trying to get you to take it by any means necessary. I seriously wish I had made a shirt that said "I'm mormon go away!!" And then in the morning time they're still running around trying to offer you alcohol. Goodness... 

3. If you don't like to be around people smoking don't go on a crusie
It's like you can't escape it. I think one of the rooms around us smoked inside there room because you could smell it in our stateroom even though it was a "no smoking zone". And that certainly didn't help with the sickness.

4. If you don't like paying outrageous amount of money for servers, extra excursions, taxi's, souvenirs, extra prices on the rental car... Don't go on a cruise. I realized that we were going to have to spend quite a bit of money. But coming home and realizing our durango had broken down and it was going to cost an arm and a leg to fix it... and we spent a lot of extra money on the cruise... I wanted to cry. I'm just grateful that my dad fixed the car we just bought the parts so it really didn't cost 3,000 dollars to fix.

I'm sure many of you had a more pleasant experience with your cruise than I did on mine but personally I left with a bad taste in my mouth. And will NEVER be doing it again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't like it. I went on a cruise and LOVED it! It was a family friendly cruise though, so maybe that made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...