Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A great start to the week!

Yesterday was my first day on the new shift at work. I now work 7-3:30... oh it is oh so fun. Except today I had to switch with my coworker. But yeah...

So yesterday was Monday (of course) and Mondays are really hard I think for everyone. Its the beginning of the week and the end of the weekend. It means going back to work for some of us and no days off with the hubby for another week. 

So on Friday of last week I was getting all the things I needed for working the early shift. Like getting me a key, and a fob and a alarm code. Well on Friday 5 minutes before I went home I ran to my CFO and told him I still wasn't set up. He was in a meeting that I so graciously pulled him out of after running from my desk to the conference room. I even knew in the back of my mind he would forget after his meeting to put the code in. 

So lets fast forward to Monday. It's 6:45. The roads are clear. I'm wide awake, singing along to Taylor Swift. I get to work swipe my Fob, and then I get to the door. I kinda sit out there for a minute thinking to myself that my code isn't going to work. Well... I decided that my manager and my other coworker aren't around I might as well try it. If it doesn't work I can always go over to tech support.

So I unlock the door and punch in my code. "Access code invalid" I do this 4 more times before a loud alarm starts sounding... This is just great. So I start knocking on tech supports door since it's locked. No answer. I do this 3 times and still no answer. I call my manager, no answer. I ended up texting the wrong person in my phone at 6:45 in the morning (sorry Lauren).

After no success, I call our number (because tech support is suppose to be here 24/7) when the man answers the phone it's nobody I know! in fact he's no even near this location! What?! I didn't even know we had another location! (we really don't... long story) 

Eventually my manager calls me back and I let him know the deets. He tells me my keys will get me into tech support. I open the door and they have some alarm over there going off and no one is around! awesome... Then my manager proceeds to tell me the cops are probably going to show up! Awesome! that's just awesome! 2 seconds before my other coworker shows up to turn off the alarm the alarm turns off. Isn't that great?! 

So that was the start of my week. I even slept 10 hours last night. I've been so exhausted lately.... And having some weird crazy dreams y'all. Like some messed up crazy zombie dreams... 


This week is definitely getting better as we go! I leave Friday for Colorado (again) and I don't have to come back to work until Wednesday! Can I get a Woot for a 4 day weekend?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...