Friday, December 21, 2012

We got some answers...

I don't know if this is good news or bad news. But I'm glad my doctor actually decided to run some tests because honestly that stupid nurse didn't know anything. 

We've been running some tests for a week now and narrowed it down to two things. And I'm hoping its the first one. (I hope this isn't awkward but...)

1. It's an infection either with my ovary or fallopian tube. My doctor prescribed me some strong anti-biotics to get rid of it. If in 10 days it's not gone... then...

2. It's Endometriosis. Now if you were like me and going what they heck is that? Well let me give you a little run down what this includes.

Endometriosis is a female health disorder that occurs when cells from the lining of the womb (uterus) grow in other areas of the body. This can lead to pain, irregular bleeding, and problems getting pregnant (infertility)

Sounds awesome right? Well here's more...

The cause of endometriosis is unknown. One theory is that the endometrial cells shed when you get your period travel backwards through the fallopian tubes into the pelvis, where they implant and grow.

Yeah it's fabulous. Here is how they treat it depending on how bad it is and if you want children and since I have no children I do want children... here is what they will do.

1. Medications to control pain
2. Hormone medications to stop the endometriosis from getting worse
3.Surgery to remove the areas of endometriosis or the entire uterus and ovaries 

Complications? Large cysts in the pelvis (called endometriomas) that may break open (rupture)
I'm already getting cyst that rupture. And cause serious pain.

Surgery... Down there... It's scary... I'm terrified and praying and hoping that it's just a infection because I really don't want to be going through all of that at such a young age. Especially since I don't have children. It's scary I'm terrified. And thanks to my doctor for pushing on me down there I'm in pain and about to cry... 

I was just speaking to my manager about it. Apparently his wife suffers from Endometriosis. She can't get pregnant because her fallopian tubes are too badly damaged. She's had many surgeries and they are just damaged beyond repair. 

I don't really want to go through that... I'm scared. But I know the Lord will only put me through things I can handle. I have faith in our Heavenly Father and pray that everything will work out the way it's suppose to be.

I just want to say thanks to my family for being so supportive and helping me get through this. And especially my mom with her constant patience and reassurance. And Zack for facing this with me. It's scary and sucks that we have to go through this our first year of marriage but he's honestly been the greatest! 

2 comments:

  1. I used to get infections a lot, after you take the antibiotics, load up on probiotics so it doesnt come back. I sure hope it isnt endometriosis. Its no fun dealing with the lovely reproductive organs :( if you ever need a friend to talk to I'm here. Keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always better to know what you're dealing with than be lost in the dark. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and like Kailie, I'm always here if you need a friend. So many people love and care for you two, so don't ever feel like you have to face it alone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...